A car crash can happen in an instant. And as frightening as that may be, it can be just as distressing to be blamed for a crash that’s not your fault. That’s why a dash cam can be a critical aid if the unexpected happens.
There are many reasons why you might want a GOOD dash cam. Mounted to your windscreen, they make motoring safer by capturing everything that happens while you’re behind the wheel. Besides giving you peace of mind, they can help to lower your insurance premiums – and clips of unexpected moments on the road can make for great YouTube material.
Everyone should have a dash cam. If you get into accident, it helps with as proof. Besides that, make you YouTube Videos of long drive, enjoy and more. Below reviews of best dash cam and dual dash cam shows you why to purchase BEST dash cam, where to buy them, how to use them, pros and cons with videos of car driving using dash cam under test and images of dual dash cam package opened.
We have compiled lists of 5 Best Dash Cam
5 Best Dual Dash Cam 2021
The Nextbase 522GW Best Dash Cam produces a super-sharp 1440p (or Quad HD) video pictures that in our inspections allowed us to obviously see particular details and specifics that were indecipherable with most other dash cams. Using the 522GW’s vivid, responsive touchscreen to navigate menus and alter settings is a lot more simpler than twiddling with the buttons of other fashions. With its powered magnetic mount, the unit is simple to snap on and off, with out having to mess with a wire.
The Nextbase mobile phone or cell phone app outshines opponents’, and along with GPS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi, the 522GW offers you a polarizing filter to attenuate annoying reflections. This unit cam can combine with Amazon’s Alexa digital assistant, and a new Emergency SOS characteristic routinely summons emergency support after a crash. The 522GW can additionally pair with three completely different rear cams, giving you extra versatility. Yes, it’s dearer than many competing fashions, however it gives one of the best dash-cam expertise of any brands we’ve examined so far! – TODAY’S BEST DEAL on best dash cam…
- FANTASTIC VIDEO QUALITY AND EXPERIENCE: Record your journey on the road with the 1440P/30fps & 1080P/60fps HD recording dash cam and F1.6 lens to provide high quality images on the road. The 140° wide viewing angle provides high coverage of the road ahead for additional protection. The 3" HD award-winning IPS touch screen has upgraded picture resolution and clarity.
- QUICKLINK WI-FI AND BLUETOOTH: The 522GW is the world's first Dash Cam with Bluetooth 4.2 and Quick-Link Wi-Fi to automatically sync files straight to your phone so footage can be supplied quickly to your insurer. You can also easily edit and share your footage via the MyNextbase Connect app.
- GPS MODULE, G-SENSOR AND SOS EMERGENCY RESPONSE : The 522GW provides the ultimate protection on the road. Track where an accident happened, safeguard your footage upon impact and allow the dash cam to automatically alert emergency services of your location and help in the case of an accident.
- ALEXA BUILT-IN : The Nextbase Series 2 range is the world's first 1440p Dash Cam series with Alexa built-in. With Alexa Built-in access tens of thousands of features including; play your favourite music, make calls, listen to audiobooks, listen to the news, check the weather, control your smart home devices, follow directions, find parking, and so much more.
- REAR WINDOW PLACEMENT: The rear window camera offers all-round protection, as it is attached to the Series 2 dashboard camera via a 6 meter cable, so the rear camera is mounted on the rear window for high quality shooting. The cable can be hidden under the headliner.
We’ve usually rated the Garmin dash cam choices for their ease of use, and new to the social gathering, CELEBRATIONS is its concise line of cute, inconspicuous dash cams, which piggyback on the marque’s motion digital camera consumers interface however boast loads of options that make them a beneficial assistant on the open street and highway.
This costlier and newest 66W unit is the one to go for in our eyes, simply because the inclusion of the massively large 180-degree viewing angle lens makes it the king of capturing everything that’s occurring both backward and forward – though there is some distortion on the very fringe of the body.
There are very few dash cams that do not routinely report and save footage when a built-in G-sensor detects and accident and that’s precisely what Garmin has applied here too.
Besides these, customers can use the 66W utilizing voice instructions, such as ‘OK, Garmin, save video’ and ‘take an image,’ however we discovered this system a little clunky when out on the noisy motorway.
Footage is very superb and wonderful and efficiency in low-light conditions is superb however arguably its biggest enchantment is the neat and tidy package deal. It is small, inconspicuous and does not cost so much compared to the features this dash cam provides. BUY NOW
- Compact, discreet dash cam with extra-wide 180-Degree field of view captures crisp 1440P footage and Garmin clarity HDR provides increased detail in low-light situations
- Automatically records and saves video of incidents; requires 8GB micro SD card, class-10 or faster (not included)
- Dash Cam auto sync enables you to control and play back footage from upto four cameras on your smartphone using the Garmin Drive app
- Voice control (Available for English, French, Italian, Spanish, German and Swedish) allows you to easily save a video or picture, start/stop audio recording or start/stop the travel apse video capture feature
- Driver alerts include forward collision, lane departure warnings (certain conditions may impair the warning function) and “go” alerts to enhance driver awareness
The best 4K dash cam and a device that does it all
Video quality: 4K UltraHD | Viewing angle: 150° | Integrated GPS: Yes | Screen: No
Super-sharp 4K video
Huge range of features
Front & rear dashcam option
Must be hardwired
No built-in screen
4K video files can be massive
If you’re searching for an all-singing, all-dancing dual dash cam that does everything – but in addition lacks a display to distract you when driving – this is it. The Thinkware U1000 shoots in sharp 4K video (albeit with the related large file sizes) via a broad, 150-degree lens. There’s built-in Wi-Fi and GPS, which is used to serve up velocity digital camera alerts and add location and velocity information to all of your recordings.
A Thinkware U1000 Front & Rear can even be bought and plugged into the primary unit, which shoots in 2K resolution at 30 frames per second for sharp footage of what’s occurring behind you. Enhanced night vision and broad dynamic vary assist to supply top quality video throughout the day and night time. We admit this is a quite costly choice, and it must be hardwired into your car. But if it’s a feature-packed, high-quality best dual dash cam you need, this is it!
- 【4K UHD 30FPS or 2K60FPS】Capture sharp, detailed QHD footage in 4K native UHD or switch to 2K QHD at 60fps to make license plate reading a breeze with the new and improved 8. 42MP Sony STARVIS image sensor
- 【150-Degree viewing angle】Uncompromised video coverage with the 150-degree viewing angle, so you never miss a moment
- 【Super Night vision】Technology reduces noise and enhances image quality in low-light conditions
- 【Anti-file corruption technology】Improves the reliability of your Thinkware memory card by minimizing the risk of loss footage due to bad blocks and data corruption
- 【1 Year Manufacturer Quality Assurance】1 year quality assurance is only valid when purchased from an authorized re-seller
Kingslim D1 Pro Dual Dash Cam with Wi-Fi GPS
2.5K/1080P Front and Cabin Dash Camera for Cars
Dual Sony Sensor with 340° FOV, Super Night Vision
G-Sensor, Loop Recording, 24Hr Monitor with 32GB Card
Overall, the Kingslim D1 Pro Dash Cam packs a bunch of features into a small and affordable package. This would be great if you are an Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare driver, or even if you are driving a school bus or another passenger vehicle where you want to simultaneously monitor the road and the vehicle occupants. [Try it: At checkout apply this $20 off coupon I received in a promo email, it should stack: Z8Q8PJSF ]
Out of the box, it includes everything necessary to quickly mount and install the dual dash cam in your vehicle. It even comes with a mini crowbar, adhesive cable clips, electrostatic windshield stickers for the GPS, an usb transfer cable and a 32 GB Micro SD card!
- The cabin-facing camera has 4 infrared (IR) LEDs to provide night vision even if the inside of your vehicle is completely dark in the middle of the night.
- It has two HD cameras, one in the front and the other in the back of the device in addition to the IR LEDs which has the ability to record in day or night.
- The camera allows you to turn on a WiFi hotspot which is broadcast from the camera itself, and connect with your Apple or Android device to play back videos recorded on the camera, and you can record in up to 2k resolution with only the forward facing camera, 1080p at 30 frames per second for both forward and rear cameras simultaneously, or 1080p at 60 fps for the forward facing camera only.
- The video processing has standard features such as WDR, although I didn’t seem to notice a video format option in terms of h264 vs h265, although I could have missed it.
- This dashcam also gives you a “parking monitor” where the camera has a small internal battery, so that while your vehicle is turned off/you’re away from the vehicle, if the camera detects someone has rear-ended or hit your card, the “G Sensor” picks up the shock and will record a short clip to help you identify the incident.
- Another nice feature not often seen in the market, is that Kingslim includes a 32gb MicroSD card– maybe it’s not the largest capacity SD card available, but at the very least you can try out the camera before investing in a more expensive Micro SD card.
- The GPS module is built into the power cord, not the camera itself, and they give you a template to stick to your windshield first, to help you pick a good position for the camera, gps module, and wiring, to achieve a professional-looking install. They include a plastic cable pusher (called a “crowbar” in the manual 🤣), a few adhesive-backed cable clips, as well as a USB A to Mini-USB cable for copying videos to your computer, so your actually have 3 methods of viewing/saving videos out of the box: MicroSD directly, MicroSD via the included Mini USB cable, and WiFi via the “RoadCam” app.
How to install Dash Cam?
I took the device to my car and just slid the windshield mount onto the dual dash cam and stuck it on my windshield and plugged it into the car charger port and it turned on. The navigation button on the device are small and takes some time to get used to but I was able to get into the settings and customize everything to my liking.
I did run into a small problem with the app, RoadCam, they suggested to use. It was not in the Google Play Store but I was able to locate it on their website. I had to enable third-party apps to be installed on my android by finding the “Unknown Sources” option through the developer settings on my phone. Once that was done, I pressed the wifi button on the dual dash cam and found the wifi network on my phone and connected to it easily. I opened the RoadCam app and it quickly found the dual dash cam.
Another problem I encountered with the Kingslim D1 Pro was that everytime I manually turned it off by long pressing the power button, a few seconds later, it would turn on. After reading the manual and going through the settings I eventually found the problem. The parking sensor was enabled which activated the device to record a “sudden shake” such as whenever I was carrying or moving the device around. However, this did confirmed that the G-Sensor was working properly in that if someone were to hit or shake the vehicle, that the dash cam would turn on and record the incident.
Once I got the app set up on my phone I found some interesting features that it can do. You can watch the live feed from your phone as long as you were connected to the wifi network. You are also able to view the content that was recorded on the memory card from either the videos or photos. You can also download them to your phone for safekeeping without having to take out the memory card and transfer the contents to your computer.
The quality of the photos and videos did not disappoint. The pictures were of high quality and the videos were in HD. All in all, the Kingslim D1 Pro dual dash cam is truly a great vehicle device.
Overall, for about $100 after discount, this camera is a great value considering the GPS position + speed monitoring, video captioning with date/time, cabin-facing camera with 4 light-sensitive IR LEDs for night vision, and the included 32gb MicroSD card. If you need to see toward the rear of your car even when it’s completely dark, this camera will get the job done out of the box, and for a very reasonable price. I haven’t yet run into any issues, but my experience so far has been positive with Kingslim’s customer service, and my other camera by the same company has continued to work great. Find Out more…
- 【Full HD Dash Cam Front and Cabin】-This dual dash camera records up to 2.5K ([email protected]) ultra HD resolution in front or 1080P ([email protected]) resolution in front and cabin simultaneously. 170° wide angle in front and inside provide a complete 340° view, almost no blind spots, best choice for Uber, Lyft, Taxi drivers and families.
- 【Super Night and Day Vision】-Equipped with dual SONY IMX307 industrial-grade sensors, 6-layer glass lenses, f/1.8 large aperture and 4 IR LEDs, as well as advanced WDR technology. So that this dashboard camera can record crucial footage on the road day and night. It is capable of taking art-level pictures and recording HD videos in daytime, and capturing every detail - even license plates clearly at night and in low-light conditions.
- 【App Control & GPS Tracking】-Download the Kingslim dedicated app and connect the dash cam to your phone via WiFi. View, record, download and share recording to social media. Built-in GPS tracks your vehicle's location, driving route and speed of each journey.
- 【24Hr Parking Monitor & G-Sensor】-When detects a sudden shake or collision, the built-in G-sensor will trigger the car dashcam to record a 30s video and lock the video footage. Enable the parking mode to continuously monitor your vehicle when parked. 300mAh battery supports emergency recording even when the engine is off and ensures the G-sensor detects accident as normal.
- 【Loop Recording for Important Evidence】-Kingslim D1 Pro dual dash cam supports up to 128GB storage (a 32 GB Micro SD card is included). Loop recording automatically overwrites the oldest unlocked videos when the memory card is full. Locked files won't be deleted from loop recording, ensuring you keep any crucial video evidence.
This device has a camera that points forward, catching the vehicles and everything that’s in front of you. This device also has a camera that records the interior of your vehicle. This device also records all of the audio that is inside of the vehicle.
Price is very good. Good price for a camera with parking mode and IMX323 senors. LERAN MORE ABOUT THIS DASH CAM…
Thigs to consider purchasing Anker Dual Dash Cam:
- Picture quality is very good. Best one I have found in this price-range.
- If you have an auto-dimming rear view mirror, you’ll need to do one of two things. There is a sensor on the windshield side of your mirror to detect ambient light. If it’s detecting too much light, the mirror won’t dim. The interior facing camera has infrared emitters for night recording. These emitters flood the mirror sensor causing it not to dim. You’ll either have to turn off the infrared (there’s an option), or position the camera away from the mirror.
- The night vision on the inside is not good enough.
- You use the hardwire kit that connects on low energy through the odb port of your car.
- I installed a dashcam in my girlfriends car this past weekend with a hardwire kit, wasn’t too difficult actually. Just need to choose a kit that has the same USB port as the cam and same voltage output as well. You just go into your car manual to see what fuse is always on while the engine is off, sometimes accessory outlets are the ones that are always on. Make sure you get a hardwire kit that comes with a fuse adapter or as it’s called “add a fuse” so you can use two fuses in one port.
- It records audio and sound quality of video is awesome.
- It has all 4 combinations for either 720/1080 front/back, but you have to always record rearward footage.
- Can capture in 1, 3, 5, and 10 minute segments. The screen shows forward camera with the rear camera in a smaller square in top left, but can display all the 4 combinations. The forward and rearward video files are saved with the same date stamp but with an “A” for forward and “B” for rearward. You can turn on/off the logo, watermark and speed traveling in the settings. Installation was simple, but I’ve removed plenty of kick panels before. I feel like they should include zip ties if they include the plastic tool, but I’m not concerned since I have my own supply. I’ll touch back with more updates as I have them.
- This is that good mid-tier camera people look for. I’m not going to spend >$200 on a dash cam? Then this dash cam is for you!
- All-Around Coverage: A 155° wide-angle front camera and a 110° interior camera simultaneously capture the road ahead and your vehicle’s interior in 1080p Full HD. Note: Mount in the upper mid-section of the windshield for maximum coverage.
- Enhanced Night Vision: Dual 323 Sony sensors with world-class F 1.8 lenses and NightHawk Vision technology deliver razor-sharp night-time clarity.
- Track Your Journey: Built-in GPS automatically records your driving route, location, and speed, ensuring you have all the information for every journey you take.
- Parking Mode: DashCam Duo’s parking mode keeps an eye on your vehicle 24 hours a day. If sudden movement is detected, the built-in gravity sensor activates the camera to record the situation. Note: This feature requires a hardwire kit (Not Included).
- Emergency Recording: Automatically records 10 seconds before a collision and 20 seconds after so that you have access to the full story, no matter the situation. The recording is automatically locked to prevent it from being rewritten.
Round up of today’s best deals for Dash Cam | Best Dash Cam
Last update on 2021-02-16 from Amazon Product Advertising API