Best Keyless Door Lock Review
Best Keyless Door Lock Review
Home security savings using August Smart Lock Pro + Connect, works with Amazon Alexa.
This is top rated high end Best Keyless Smart Door Lock for professionals and newbies alike. Use this for any home, you shall be satisfied with these great powerful new trendy smart locks. If you want increased ease of access and security, a smart lock, Our editors hand-picked these products based on our tests and reviews.
What Is a Smart Door Lock?
One of the first things you’ll want to consider is how much it will cost to upgrade your traditional lock. After all, a smart lock costs a heck of a lot more than the standard-issue lock you can pick up at the local hardware store. You can find a few smart locks out there in the $100 range (not many of which made the cut for this list), but if you want a lock that you can control from anywhere, with features such as voice commands, push and email notifications, and tamper alarms, expect to pay somewhere in the $200 to $300 range.
Read our list of the best digital door locks that provide keyless entry to your home. Includes comparison table, product pros/cons, and unbiased reviews.
Which door lock is most secure for homeowners? Make smart purchase.
|August Smart Lock Pro + Connect, 3rd gen technology
Silver, works with Alexa – OUR CHOICE, Best Seller
|August Smart Lock Pro, 3rd generation –
Dark Gray, Works with Alexa
|Schlage Lock Company BE468CEN619 Connect Century
Touchscreen Deadbolt, Satin Nickel
|Schlage Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt with Built-In
Alarm and Handleset Grip with Accent Lever, Satin
Nickel, FE469NX ACC 619 CAM LH, Works with Alexa
|Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt with
Built-In Alarm, Bright Brass, BE469 CAM 605, Works
with Alexa via SmartThings, Wink or Iris – BEST Seller
|August Smart Lock, 3rd Gen technology
Silver, Works with Alexa
|Lockly Fingerprint Bluetooth Keyless Entry Door Smart
Lock (PGD728F) | Advanced 3D Fingerprint Reader | PIN Input
iOS and Android Compatible | Auto Lock | Battery Backup
About August Smart Lock Pro + Connect, 3rd gen technology
- Best smart lock for your home security, price even cheaper.
- Ships free.
- Easy to install for professionals and any newbie.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) ; Requires 110-240 Volts.
- Items included – August Smart Lock Pro, August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge, DoorSense Sensor, 4 AA Batteries, Lock Adapter and Mounting Hardware.
- Date First Available September 19, 2017.
- 4 AA alkaline batteries required. (included).
- The lock uses its Bluetooth to know when to auto-unlock. So, if your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and everything is setup properly, the door should unlock when you approach it from outside.
Top Features – August Smart Lock Pro + Connect
Beside points mentioned in About section above, below are more important feature of this lock.
- Certified Z-Wave Plus home product. Works with Z-Wave, the leading wireless technology for security and home
- Control products. Works with the free August app.
- Simply Speak to lock your door. Tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Assistant to control your August Smart Lock Pro + Connect.
- DoorSense to tell you if your door is securely closed and locked.
- Always know who is coming and going. Track activity at your doorstep with a 24/7 Activity Feed and requires iOS (9.0 or higher) or Android (5.0 or higher) smartphones.
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt; use your existing keys at anytime.
- Locks automatically behind you, and unlocks as you approach. Retrofit installation works with most standard single cylinder deadbolts.
- Simple, DIY installation. Install in about 10 minutes with just a screwdriver.
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
How to install digital door locks?
Most smart locks use the standard pre-drilled holes so you don’t have to worry about drilling new ones. Additionally, there are smart locks available that attach to the inside of your door and are designed to use your existing keyed cylinder and deadbolt hardware, which means you only have to remove the interior escutcheon. Either way, you can count on spending anywhere from 10 to 25 minutes removing your old lock and installing your new smart one.
- This third generation is much better than the earlier versions. The biggest improvement seems to be with the back plate (the one on the inside) on the earlier versions which was stamped metal. This plate would flex and caused mechanical problems. The flexing prevented me from tightening the lock too much. The 3rd generation uses a different plate design which seem much more sturdy. The 3rd gen lock is also smoother to operate manually.
- It can be set to lock automatically after a certain amount of time. The door only unlocks once per away/home cycle.
- you can open the lock without a phone. From the inside…place your hand on the lock and twist the outer ring 90 degrees to the right..unlocking the door. From the outside…insert your key into the deadbolt lock and unlock normally.
- It will notify you as “unlocked manually” if the door is unlocked using physical key.
- Super brain-dead easy install. Took less than 10 minutes with just a Philips head screwdriver. The video walk-through on the app makes it really hard to mess up.
- HomeKit integration is badass, and works flawlessly for me. There’s something soo cool tellling Siri on my cellular Apple Watch to lock/unlock the door, and it’s done. This works from inside/outside my house, on wifi, cellular, doesn’t matter.
- Auto-locking is customizeable and works great. Don’t have to fish my key out to lock the door every time I take the puppers outside for a potty break.
- Doorsense, the little nubbin that you attach to your door frame that tells you if the door is open/ajar, was really easy to install and setup. So far though, doesn’t seem like a must-have feature.
- Remote unlock with the included August Connect works fine, no issues so far. Takes a little bit longer than I’d like to actually connect to the lock when I’m out and about though.
- This is information more than cons – Without the separate Connect device, the August lock relies on Bluetooth for communications. That means that you have to be within Bluetooth range to use the August app to lock/unlock the door. If you want the lock to use WiFi for communication, you need the Connect device. WiFi is needed to control the August lock remotely (out of Bluetooth range) including using Alexa or other devices to control the lock.
- Auto-Unlock is finicky and unpredictable. It doesn’t work when you expect it to. This is the only reason why I gave it 3-stars instead of 5. The way it’s supposed to work is that you set your home location in the august app, and this puts a 200-meter radius around that spot (about a couple city blocks). When you (and your phone) leave this area, the lock enters “auto-unlock” mode, and is supposed to automatically unlock the next time you enter Bluetooth range (maybe 15-20 feet) or seemingly whenever you hop on to the same wifi network as the lock. Obviously, you have to keep Bluetooth on, and not force-close the app for this to work. The app will even send you a push notification when it detects that you’ve left your home area, and that the lock has entered auto-unlock mode. The problem is that it just doesn’t work 100% of the time. I’ve had instances where I did exactly as I was supposed to (left home area, got push notification saying lock was in auto-unlock mode, kept Bluetooth on and app active), and the lock doesn’t unlock even though I’m literally standing on the other side of the door. I’ve also had times when the lock won’t detect that I’ve left my neighborhood, and thus never enters auto-unlock mode in the first place. No rhyme or reason to it. On twitter, August says they’re constantly tweaking the algorithm of auto-unlock, so there’s hope that this will get better. Also, the home radius should be way less than 200-meters! I don’t live in a mega-mansion/ranch, and I shouldn’t have to wander a couple city blocks for the lock to know I’m not at home.
This is a top rated high end digital door lock for professionals and newbies alike. Don’t compromise when it comes to security. This is REALLY USEFUL when your kids come back from school and they can open door themselves without loosing those old physical keys again and again.If you think this door lock is more than you need or price is higher, go for this number 1 seller digital door keyless lock, click here for best seller digital security door lock.