How To Tell You Need A More Efficient HVAC? HVAC Maintenance & Repair
HVAC Repair, Checkup & Reviews
The HVAC unit works all year round to keep you warm in winter and cool during summer. This ensures that the home has the ideal temperature to match your comfort level. However, you have to ensure that it always performs at optimal capacity. An inefficient unit wastes energy leading to exorbitant costs on electricity bills. It is important to have your HVAC system working at an optimal level to save money down the road. Read on for tips on how to tell you need a more efficient HVAC.
An aged unit
Is your HVAC over 10 years old? The chances of not performing efficiently are high. An older unit compensates for its aging parts through running longer cycles resulting in more energy usage. You have to check the efficiency rating of the system. Older units are likely to have about 56 to 70 percent annual efficiency. The solution is to upgrade the unit to a more energy efficient one with an efficiency of about 98 percent. This will keep your home warm with a consequent reduction in utility costs by running at low energy.
Dirty air filters
Maintaining dirty filters might inhibit your HVAC efficiency. Ensure to have the filters replaced every about 30 to 90 days to enhance the comfort in your home. Dirty filters are likely to block airflow through your unit making it work harder and using more energy. Poorly maintained filters are unable to prevent dust and dirt buildup in the system. Debris accumulation makes the unit work harder and below peak efficiency. This shortens the unit’s lifespan with time and you might end up having to replace the whole unit at a hefty cost.
Frequent calls to the HVAC technician
Another sign that your unit isn’t operating at an optimal level is when you’re always on the phone requesting for a technician for repairs. Routine maintenance is useful in preventing major expenses but calling the technician multiple times is a sign that your unit is failing. The technician who handles Houston HVAC repair will give you the way forward after evaluating your unit. Luckily, reputable HVAC repair agencies sell quality units from leading industry brands. The technician will take appropriate steps to meet your HVAC needs.
Skyrocketing utility bills
Have you noticed an increase in your monthly utility bill? Perhaps it’s medical bills from regular allergies. The root cause might be your HVAC inefficiency. It is the time to call a professional technician to guide you on the way forward. Perhaps upgrading your unit to a more energy efficient system will lower the bills and lessen allergies.
Uneven heating in various rooms
An inefficient HVAC unit usually causes temperature variations in the various rooms in the house. Perhaps your unit has duct work. This might have leaks that compromise the efficiency of the whole unit by about 30 percent. The unit is likely to inefficiently expel heated air to some rooms, especially near the registers. This encourages drafts and regular adjustment of the thermostat to enhance comfort.
Poor HVAC sizing
An undersized unit can’t allow comfortable temperature in a home. Additionally, the HVAC runs constantly to keep up with home demand leading to more energy use and hiked energy bills. You need to get professional assistance to choose a unit with shorter duct runs throughout your house for improved efficiency. A unit with a zoned system allows cooling and heating where required.
Regular unexplained illnesses
Cases of unexplained nausea, burning eyes, and headaches might be caused by an inefficient HVAC unit. Older units are likely to develop cracks in the heat exchanger allowing gasses like carbon monoxide to leak. This causes flu symptoms and other unexplained illnesses. If your unit is 10 years and above, it’s likely to be causing the illnesses. Therefore, upgrading to a modern and more efficient unit is the solution.
Have you noticed any of the above issues on your HVAC unit? Investing in a new unit is the trick to enhance your household comfort. All the spaces in your home will get the desired room temperature with the unit running continuously at variable speeds on less energy than an old unit. This will save you about 40 percent on energy bills in the long run
- This bundle consists of the Goodman 2 Ton 13 SEER Air Conditioner, Goodman 96% AFUE 80,000 BTU Furnace, and Goodman Coil.
- Due to Federal Guidelines and Restrictions this item cannot be sold in the following states: California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Florida
- This comes with a 10-year parts limited warranty provided it is installed by a qualified installer and registered online
- Accessories such as thermostats, conversion kits, outdoor sensors, etc Sold Separately
- This listing includes Goodman 2.5 Ton 16 SEER Air Conditioner R-410A systems.
- This comes with a 10-year parts limited provided it is installed by a qualified installer and registered online
- Accessories such as Linesets, thermostats, LP conversion kits, Sold Separately
- Goodman Single Speed 1-Stage Upflow/Horizontal Gas Furnace, Low Nox, 96% Afue, 80,000 Btu/H, 1,200 Cfm, 175 In Width
- This furnace is covered by what we believe to be one of the best warranties in the indoor home comfort industry
- This is manufactured in United States
- Electronic ignition
- Vent assembly included
- Ideal replacement furnace
- Reliable performance
- Direct discharge furnace, 12 Volt DC, 19,000 BTU, Black grille
- Save money all year-round with a highly efficient ductless mini split inverter+ heat pump system
- Ultra-silent and beautifully built perfect for home or light commercial use
- Comes with every needed component in the box, including an easy-install 16ft copper piping kit
- Use for both cooling and heating: 12000 BTU/hour with 19 SEER and 10 HSPF efficiency
- Free tech support and a 5 year coverage on the compressor
Last update on 2020-05-23 from Amazon Product Advertising API