Concrete Pavers For Basement Wall Repair, Concrete Patio Porch Floor Garage, Driveway Pavers etc.
Complete guide on how to find best concrete pavers near me. Inevitable information and tips on various aspects on conrete paving – From new novice to Pros. Learn more about concrete pavers, paver Calculator, stone pavers, stone paving below.
Best Concrete pavers near me – Free estimates.
Choose Your Home Improvement Category
Frequently Asked Questions About Concrete Paving
1. What is stone paving
Paving is preparing the surface to make it hard and durable against loads and abrasions. For achieving this, either concrete and stone pavers are used or the normal concrete pouring is done. Stone paving is the covering of outdoor floor or superficial surface with the flat and mostly regular shaped stones. In urban areas, stone paving is mostly done for architectural purposes as it costs more than simple cement concreting of the surface.. Unlike concrete pavers and most brick pavers, stone pavers do not always come in identical sizes.
As stone pavers are cut from quarries and not made from regular molds like other pavers. As far technical expertise is concerned, stone paving requires more skills than concrete paving or concrete pouring, that adds to the total cost of laying stone pavers. Stones sometimes require prior treatment with hammer and chisel before they can be used as pavers. Stones also vary greatly in size and texture. Though it adds to the complexity of paving, it also adds to the beauty of the paved structure.
Learn more about How to Extend the Life of Your Home’s Driveway from this article in Redfin.
2. How to find concrete pavers
Selecting concrete pavers depends on a variety of factors. These include availability of pavers’ manufacturers in the near area, the demands of the contractor and the client. Also available budget matters greatly, as the concrete pavers cost more than the normal concreting per square foot.
Concrete pavers also vary according to the usage because commercial and residential road pavers would be different from the minor collector and bus parking pavers. Additionally, facility & business parking pavers would be different from the commercial pedestrian pavers. And procurement of these pavers would certainly depends on the peculiarities of the construction work. To find the concrete pavers for a particular construction work, firstly the area that is to be paved is determined by estimation techniques and calculation. Then, by dividing the total estimated area by the paver’s size, total number of pavers is calculated.
3. How to find stone pavers
Finding suitable stone pavers depends mainly on the purpose of the construction work. Normally, stone pavers are used where traffic volume is almost negligible to traffic free zones, and that the pavement is used either in domestic areas. Or in regions where stones are readily available in myriad of sizes and shapes such as mountainous regions. Also, if the cost of transporting and installing the concrete pavers exceeds that of stone pavers, latter is used. Stone paving also requires particular craftsmanship, and hence it adds to the complexity and overall cost of civil work.
To find the quantity of stone pavers for a particular civil project, the area of intended paving work is calculated and or estimated. After that, available stone pavers are assessed and irregular stones are chiseled to bring out somewhat regular shapes. An estimated size is taken, and the number of total stones or the weight of stone batch is then calculated.
4. Paver Calculator and Price Estimator
For paver calculator,surface size and paver size is required. Dividing the total area of patio to be covered with pavers by the area(size) of a single paver will give the number of pavers needed.
Paver Calculator Formula:
Size of area to be covered in ft / size of one paver in ft = Number of pavers.
E.g.: 12 x 12 patio / 12” x 6”paver = 288 pavers (ANS)
In the same way, total price of paving can also be estimated. The formula that is used is as following:
Cost of paver per square foot x Total area to be covered with pavers (in ft) = Estimated cost of Pavers.
E.g.: $5 per square foot paver * 12 x 12 patio = $720 (ANS)
5. What is cheaper poured concrete or pavers?
Concrete laying is much cheaper than using stone or concrete pavers. Laying pavers costs around $8 to 15$ per square foot. Whereas for concrete the cost on average is under $5. However, the cost may vary according to the region and situation of the respective local construction industry. Laying pavers require more skills and the skilled labor costs more. The use of glues and adhesive, for boundary pavers, also adds to the cost of laying pavers. Likewise, soil is leveled up to some degree by either filling or cutting the earth. In most cases, before laying the pavers, sand bed is also prepared. Screed pipe and wooden plank with a considerable notch is used to level the sand bed. All this extra work makes pouring concrete cheaper than laying pavers.
6. How much do concrete pavers cost?
Cost of laying concrete pavers depends on variety of factors. It includes on-the-day labor and material cost, the size of the project, removing or treating of existing bed or soil and the depth of base material laid before laying the main pavers. According to Bob Harris Guide to Stamped Concrete, per square foot cost of basic concrete paving varies between the ranges of $4 to $6. However, for complex projects, the cost may rise as far as $20 per square foot. The cost may also vary according to the final quality of pavers, their strength, and their thickness and weight.
7. What size do concrete pavers come in?
Unlike stone pavers, where there is a limited choice regarding the size, concrete pavers come in many sizes and shapes. A paver is a stone, a tile, or a concrete brick. As concrete is used in making concrete pavers, size could be altered and changed as per the wishes of buyer or the contractor. Concrete is poured into the molds of different sizes and shapes as per the requirement of the construction work. Concrete pavers that are readily available in most markets are 4″ x 8″, 24″ x 24”, 12″ x 24”, 12″ x 12″, 12″ x 6”, 6″ x 6″, and many more.
8. How much does a 12×12 paver patio cost?
Stone or Concrete paver patio costs around 10% to 15% more than the simple concrete patio. If concrete pavers are laid in basic designs, then by using the normal range of $5 to $7 per square foot, a 12 x 12 paver patio would cost around $720 to $1000. However, the total cost of work goes even beyond that. After including the labor, material, supplies and bed treatment costs, the total cost falls in the range of $1500 to $2000.
9. How much does it cost to pour a 24×24 concrete slab? / How much does a 12×12 concrete slab cost?
The cost of a concrete slab depends on its size, thickness and the nature of its construction. In other words, it depends on whether the slab is a one-way slab or a two-slab, as this will help to determine the amount of steel bars that will be placed in it. On this note, according to HomeGuide.com, a normal slab with a 6 inch thickness would cost around $5.35 to $6.17 per square foot. Therefore, after incorporating the average of $6.17 per square foot, a 24×24 slab would cost around $3,554.
If the length and breadth ratio of slab is less than 2, it is termed as a two-way slab and will be designed accordingly. Otherwise, it will be a one-way slab and will be designed in that way. According to HomeGuide.com, a normal slab with a 6 inch thickness would cost around $5.35 to $6.17 per square foot. So, after taking the average of $6.17 per square foot, a 12×12 slab would cost around $888.
10. Can you put pavers on top of concrete?
Pavers can be put over concrete. First, the concrete has to cleaned and scrubbed to exhibit proper adhesion. Using chalk or paint, border line of border pavers are laid out. Border pavers are then to be laid and glued together as the durability of main pavers depends upon the firmness of border paver. Sand bed is to be laid afterwards. To maintain the evenness of sand bed, screed pipe and wooden plank can be used. Afterwards, pavers can be laid in the sand bed and interlocked with the use of light hammering.
11. Can you pour concrete over grass?
Concrete can be poured over grass. Concrete mass will harden and gain strength over time. However, the bond between the bed and concrete will be poor, due to the presence of vegetation such as grass and weeds. Although, to form a proper pathway of concrete in the grass, some steps would have to be taken. Initially, tilling of soil is to be done by uprooting grass and vegetation from the proposed pathway. Afterwards, formwork is on concrete pathway’s layout. Concrete is then prepared in the suitable mix ration and then poured in the formwork.
12 .What’s the difference between concrete and cement?
Concrete is a mixture of fine and coarse aggregates held together by a binding material. This type of concrete is called a Lean Concrete. When steel bars are also used as reinforcements to maximize the tensile strength of the concrete, it is then called Reinforced Cement Concrete or RCC.
Cement, on the other hand, is most commonly used binding material in a concrete mix. It is a basic constituent of concrete. Cement also has certain types. They include: Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC), Sulfate Resisting Portland Cement (SRPC), Rapid Hardening Cement, etc.
13. Can you pour concrete over concrete?
Concrete can be poured over concrete. But, the new concrete may not form a good bond with the old concrete. In order to make a better bond between both the concrete surfaces, either mechanical or chemical method may be used. Bonding chemicals like SBR (Styrene- Butadiene Rubber) can be used to develop a good strong bond between both the surfaces. Conversely, for mechanical method, the old surface could be scratched so the new concrete could form a better bond by interlocking new concrete with the old one.
14. Does concrete adhere to concrete? / How do you attach concrete to old concrete?
Concrete does adhere to concrete. However, the bond may not form as strong as required. To create a strong between old and new concrete, the old concrete can be scratched and the surface can be made rough by scratching tools. After that, joint bonding chemicals like SBR (Styrene- Butadiene Rubber) is to be applied on the scratched surface and the new concrete can be poured on the old one. In this way, a proper adhesion can be achieved.
15. Is concrete stronger than cement?
Concrete and Cement are completely different materials. Although, in layman’s language the words are used interchangeably. Cement is one of the main constituent of concrete. Other than cement, which acts as a binding material, concrete is made up of fine aggregates (Sand) and coarse aggregates (Gravel). Water is also added to make up mix. This type of concrete is called Lean concrete. Concrete can withstand great compressive stresses but it exhibits almost no resistance to tensile stresses. To enhance the tensile strength of concrete, steel bars are then used. This type of steel incorporated concrete is called Reinforced Cement Concrete or RCC. This clearly makes concrete much stronger than cement.
16. What is concrete called before it hardens?
Concrete is a mixture of water, cement, sand and aggregate. It is thick paste whose flow depends on the availability of water and fine aggregates in the mixture paste. Before hardening concrete is just a thick paste and normally called a mixture or concrete paste. And if the aggregates used in the mix are fine aggregates [that means they pass through sieve no 4 (4.75mm)], the mixture is called mortar.
17. How much does a 12×12 concrete paver weight?
Weight of pavers depends on the dimensions of the pavers. There are no properly fixed weight estimation techniques. However, different on-field rule of thumb may be applied to find the weight of a paver. On average, it is considered that a 1-inch-thick paver weighs 11 lbs per square foot. And in the same way, a 2-inch-thick paver weighs twice, or around 22 lbs. So, a 12×12 concrete paver having 1 inch thickness has a weight around 11 lbs only. With increasing thickness, this weight will increase.
18. Does a paver driveway increase home value?
Pavers’ driveways are costly to be built than the concrete driveways. On average, a concrete paver driveway costs around $8 to $20 per square foot of driveway. The paver driveway adds to the aesthetics of the home. It gives a hitherto ordinary home, a royal look. This certainly increases the value of home. Although, there are also many other factors generally considered more important in deciding the value of home including area, quality of work, finishing and overall appearance.
19. How do you prepare ground for pavers?
Before laying the pavers, the bed or the ground has to be prepared. The soil is made comparatively flat by shovels and hammers. After laying out the plan, boundary pavers are laid. Between the boundary pavers, a sand bed is laid up to the required depth. Sand bed is then leveled with wooden plank and screed pipe. Pavers are then laid between the boundary pavers.
20. How many pavers do I need for a 12×12 patio?
For a given patio size, the number of pavers depends upon the size of pavers intended to be used. If,for instance,12″ x 6″ pavers are used for a 12×12 patio, number of pavers can be found out by:
Size of patio divided by the size of pavers.
I.e. Number of 12″ x 6″ pavers for 12 x 12 patio= (12×12)/ (12×6/144) = 288 pavers.
21. Does pavers last longer than concrete?
Pavers are generally considered stronger than poured concrete. Tests show that pavers are four times stronger than concrete. A typical poured concrete has designated life of 25 years, whereas for concrete pavers, the life extends beyond 50 years. Having said that, concrete may get cracks over time. On the other hand, pavers tend to loosen up in the formation, but the weight supporting capability of pavers does not decrease over time.
22. Will mortar stick to old concrete?
Mortar is a building material that is used to hold and cement masonry material together in walls, foundations, and floors (such as stones and bricks). Mortar is a mixture of water, fine aggregate and cementing material. New mortar does not stick to old concrete as it fails to develop a strong bond between new and old surfaces. To make the mortar stick to old concrete, either different bonding agents[such as SBR (Styrene-Butadiene Rubber)]can be applied between the surfaces or the surface can be made rough by scratching to make a key and lock surface bond.
23. How long does concrete resurfacer last?
With the passage of time, concrete begins to crack and shift. One is faced with two choices – either to repair it or replace it altogether.
Concrete resurfacing is treating the old, worn out or damaged concrete. In recent times, resurfacing has become more popular than new concreting. In this way, the life of concrete is further enhancedwhich is economically feasible. It is cheaper to do resurfacing than to do complete new concreting.After preparing the surface and using the bonding agents to develop a strong bond, the new concrete mix is laid over the old surface. The resurfacing is tested and estimated to last for 8 to 15 years.
24. Do you need a footing for a concrete slab?
Concrete slab can be laid on either a beam or directly on the columns. This means that a slab does not necessarily need a footing. Footing, from a construction perspective, is a structure that transmits the structural load safely to the soil. When slab is laid directly on the columns, it is called a flat slab.
25. What is a 1 2 3 mix for concrete?
A 1 2 3 mix tells the ratio of constituents of concrete. For a concrete mix ratio expressed in numbers, the first number points to the parts of cement, the second to the parts of fine aggregate, and the third tells the aggregate parts. 1 2 3 mix concrete is a concrete in which cement, sand and aggregate are mixed in a ratio of 1:2:3 respectively. Ideally, to make a strong concrete mix, the concrete should be 1 part cement, 2 parts sand (fine aggregate), and 3 parts gravel (coarse aggregate), with 0.5 parts of water.
26. What is the strongest concrete mix?
Concrete gains its strength from the coarse aggregates. However, a good proportion of fine and coarse aggregates is to be used so that proper mixing is achieved and segregation and honeycombing is avoided. These two phenomena causes reduction in concrete strength. Ideally, to make a strongest concrete mix the concrete should be mixed in 123 ratio. In short, 1 part cement, 2 parts sand (fine aggregate), and 3 parts gravel (coarse aggregate), with 0.5 parts of water.
27. Will concrete set in water?
It is a layman’s believe that concrete sets when water in the mortar leaves the mix and evaporates. However, in reality, concrete sets after a chemical reaction of cement with water, that causes the hardening of concrete with time. Hence, concrete theoretically can easily set in water. However, when pouring concrete under water, it has to be ensured that concrete is fed directly to the final position and, in the process, it does not get directly segregated by the heavy flow of water. Also, to prepare such a concrete, instead of using Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC), Rapid Hardening Portland Cement can be used. And an interesting thing is that during setting, water is lost by concrete and, inevitably, may lose strength. Concrete that is laid underwater does not lose water, so the concrete actually becomes stronger than the concrete that sets in air.
28. How strong is 20 MPa concrete?
Concretes compressive strength ranges from 20MPa to 50MPa. A20 MPa concrete is commonly used for footings, footpaths, driveways, and house slabs. This type of concrete is used when the concrete after hardening is not under massive loading and unloading. After28 days, concrete attains its maximum compressive strength.20MPa roughly equals to 3000 psi. For comparison it can be noted that an average elephant exerts about 54000 Pa pressure. This means that a 20MPa concrete can withstand a combined pressure exerted bya whopping 371 elephants.
29. How do you prepare the ground before pouring concrete?
Before pouring the concrete, the surface is to be prepared to gain a proper bond. In order to prepare it, damaged or deteriorated parts of ground/surface are removed as far as possible. Also, surface is made clear of loose and contaminated particles along with previously applied coatings. Afterwards, a cement sand slurry is made in the mix ratio of 1 part cement and 2 parts sand, along with 1 part water. This slurry is then spread over the surface. When covered sufficiently with slurry, the prepared concrete is poured over the surface.
Top Lists Of Best Selling Paving Materials For Home Garden
- CONTAINS all the tools necessary for a professional repair
- KIT INCLUDES 8 fluid ounce tub of primer enhanced spackling compound, 4'' self-adhesive patch, 3" putty knife and sanding pad
- FOR HOLE REPAIRS up to 3" in diameter
- 3M SMALL HOLE REPAIR makes repairs 3x faster than traditional spackling
- NO SHRINKING, cracking, or sagging
- 【DURABLE】The Cement Molds is made of premium plastic, available in black finsih;Dimension: 60.5 x 50.5 x 4.4 cm / 23.8 x 19.9 x 1.7’’ (LxWxH)
- 【DIY】The Cement Form features various parts in varied shapes and sizes for beautiful looking
- 【REUSABLE】This is reusable paving mould, just needs cleaning after used, durable enough for the project to complete;Compact Size: 28.4 x 18.4 cm / 11.2 x 7.2’’; 18.6 x 18.4 cm / 7.3 x 7.2’’; 18.3 x 8.3 cm / 7.2 x 3.3’’
- 【IDEAL For】Cement Molds for concrete is ideal for turning a little pre-mixed concrete into a concrete stepping stone for garden, backyard
- 【MULTI-Use】Concrete Paving Mould is great for gardens, streets, communities, balconies and villas landscaping
- 8' wooden garden walkway
- Weather-resistant Hardwood planks
- Connected with wire and rubber Spacers
- Rinse with a hose to clean
- Rolls up for easy movement or storage
- BEAUTIFUL GLOSS SEALER Works on exposed aggregate, stamped, colored or decorative surfaces
- SPRAY, BRUSH OR ROLL on concrete, pavers, slate, driveways, garage floors, patios, masonry, brick
- WILL NOT DARKEN MOST SURFACES when it dries. Does not look like you sprayed water on it. Resists chemicals
- PLEASE READ COMPLETE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: not for polished GRANITE OR MARBLE
- WATER BASED SEALER VOC compliant, Easy to Maintain 100% Money Back Guarantee- Made in USA
- PERMANENT BONDING TECHNOLOGY: Our super-penetrating sealer allows for long-lasting protection.
- REINFORCED PROTECTION: Our sealer protects against stains and damage from water and dissolved salts.
- BREATHABLE: This formula allows water vapors to escape freely, preventing harmful moisture buildup.
- FOR MULTIPLE SURFACES: Use this sealer on natural stone, tiles, pavers, concrete, brick, and grout.
- VERSATILE: Stain-Proof Original works on floors, walls, garages, patios, kitchens, and common areas.
- 12.1 Feet of Border Fencing: This set comes with 6 sections that measure 24.2"L x 5.4"H each, an ideal size that allows you to edge in large and small areas, curved or straight.
- Easy No-Dig Installation & Elegant Decorative Detail: No digging necessary! Simply tap with a rubber mallet and you are done. The curved pointed design along the bottom ensure the sections are secure in the ground.The scalloped curved design adds flair to your garden or backyard. It is an affordable and easy way to add a little design to your borders.
- Rustproof, Durable, Low-Maintenance Material: Recycled Plastic is naturally rust resistant, weather resistant, strong and durable to last season after season. We have added UV inhibitors to help with fade resistance. The permanent black color runs throughout recycled plastic. It is a great alternative to metal and wood fencing because it is rust resistant and corrosion free. It is reusable.
- Linkable Border Edging Design: Each section is designed with interlocking tabs that easily slide and lock together. This makes it ideal for edging in curved or straight areas. It also gives you the ability to use the edging to whatever length you might need.
- Versatile for Curved or Straight Borders: Perfect for creating curves around trees or 90 degree corners around flower beds. The edging can also help keep water hoses from damaging your plants. Preventing the surrounding weed roots from growing into your garden.
- Hardcover Book
- Raupach, Michael (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 292 Pages - 05/02/2014 (Publication Date) - CRC Press (Publisher)
- Premium Outdoor Patio Pavers and Deck Tiles - Acacia 12" x 12" Wooden Tiles with Interlocking Base
- Easy DIY Snap Installation - No tools required! Effortlessly snap floor tiles into place and cover your patio, porch or balcony in minutes, not days.
- Perfect for Outdoor or Indoor Use – Weather resistant wood is suitable for decks, patios, walkways, showers, pools, and more. Not suitable for grass or uneven surfaces. Like all real wood products, waterproof deck sealer is REQUIRED if using outdoors or in wet environments.
- Super Modular - Re-arrange, remove or replace tiles with no hassle. No need to unscrew, take apart and rebuild like traditional decks.
- 10 Piece Set - Tiles measure 12" x 12" x 1" inch and each set covers a total 10 square feet.
- Light measures 45mm - Depth 26mm - Cut out 35mm
- Ultra bright low voltage LED lights, each light contains 6pcs SMD2835 LEDs.
- Color - Blue ----- Watts per light - 1w, energy saving and environment friendly
- With 0.5m cable attached by male and female waterproof connectors. Add instant warm feeling to indoor/outdoor in a very economical way
- Polished stainless steel bezel - IP67 Rated - Ideal for decking, kitchens & bathrooms
- Genuine solid Teak wood (Tectona Grandis)
- Great for indoor or outdoor application
- No tools required for installation
- 10 Piece Set - enough to cover 10 square feet
- Easy DIY installation even over slightly uneven surfaces
- The Karcher Promise: Cleaner. Quicker. Delivers professional level cleaning over an area 15” wide with two spinning nozzles
- Cleans flat surfaces up to 4x faster than standard spray nozzles
- Compatible with gas power washers (up to 3200 PSI) with ¼” quick-connect fitting. Product dimensions(L x W x H): 15 x 15 x 6.7 inches
- Compatible machines g2700, g2700r, g2900x, g3000, g3000k, g3000 x, g3000 xk, g3100 xh, g3200 x, g3200 xk, g2200, g2600 vh, g3000 oh, g3050 ohc, g3200 oc, g3200 oct, g3200 oh, g3200 xc and g3200 xh
- Eliminates streaks by keeping the nozzles at a fixed height from the surface
- Not too harsh, not too bitter - just right
- Extra bold (contains more coffee than regular K-Cup pods)
- Medium roast, caffeinated coffee
- no artificial ingredients and certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- Compatible with Keurig K-Cup pod single-serve coffee makers
Basement wall repair Concrete Patio Porch floor Garage Driveway pavers – licensed qualified local contractors. Always compare prices with at least 3 contractors before you commit to this important home project of your life.
Get any home projects Always Wanted in value price
Redoing home improvement with right construction Companies can increase your home value.
Connecting With professional Fence Companies
Using PerfectDWELL saves time and money, In just a few minutes local contractors will get in touch.
Additional Home Repair Services
With our Find a Contractor category finding additional contractors for additional services is fast and free.
Positive Feedback From Past Clients
Only contractors with positive feedback are allowed to stay in our network, Negative feedback gets a contractor removed.
Not Sure The Type of Unit Needed?
Don’t stress it, Our local pros will give you free quotes on all types of unit sizes that best fit your home.
Find local general home contractors near you best reviewed by neighbors. Always compare prices with at least 3 contractors before you commit to this important home project of your life.
Get any home projects Always Wanted in value price with our reviewed licensed quality professional contractors.
Some of our states with happy customers and contractors
Alabama | Arizona | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | District Of Columbia | Florida | Georgia | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin
Top Cities Covered by our Plumbers:
Austin | Boston | Charlotte | Chicago | Columbus | Dallas | Denver | Detroit | Fort Worth | Houston | Indianapolis | Jacksonville | Los Angeles | Nashville | New York | Philadelphia | Phoenix | Portland | San Antonio | San Diego | San Francisco | San Jose | Seattle | Washington
Find Best Concrete Pavers near you. Basement wall repair Concrete Patio Porch floor Garage Driveway pavers. Get free estimates.
Last update on 2021-01-20 from Amazon Product Advertising API